Wednesday 27 April 2011

Publishing Website Online

Next was to publish it on an actual website:


Step 6: In our lessons we got told this website 'awardspace.com'. This is a a website where you can pay for your website to be online or do it for free and have the 'onlinewebshop.net' at the end of the address not .com or co.uk. I chose the free option for starters so after that i filled in my details and chose the name of jpslatterydesign, because it relates best to my website.


Step 7: Once that was completed, i had to go back on to Dreamweaver and activate all my SWF files for my website. So selected: windows - files - manage sites - new - site. I then clicked on the Advanced option and chose the folder with the SWF files in. I then clicked on Remote Info - Access: FTP. In the FTP host box i copy and pasted my website address in, I also did the same to the Host directory box. After that i had to place in my code i was given and my chosen password. I clicked on use passive FTP and the clicked the Test button.


Step 8: Once that was done i selected the SWF files and my HTML file and dragged them to the left hand side.When that was completed i selected the files and pressed the arrow pointing up. I had a lot of problems with this as it placed too many files on that i didn't want, It took a while but i think i sorted it.


This is the image of my website actually posted with my own address.

No comments:

Post a Comment